Friday, August 15, 2008

On Michael Phelps...

Yeah, I know, who doesn't want to be, am I right?! Geez. I know this isn't DC-related, but I feel like I have to take a stand here. What's the big deal with this guy? I mean, come on, I eat about 12,000 calories a day and I can swim (relatively) fast (for a fat kid) too! The dude's been on the cover of every SI and ESPN magazine I've gotten for the past year. I just couldn't care less. Wake me up when he learns how to hit Major League pitching or evade an NFL pass rush. Zzzzzzzzz...


EDIT: Also, the more I think about it, Michael Phelps is completely anti-American. He's totally stealing the spotlight from every other brave American athlete. AND he went to Michigan! How much worse can this guy get? Michael Phelps is a Communist. And so is anyone who cheers for him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the guy is the greatest athlete of all time. He has smashed world records in almost every race that he's been in, but if he can't hit a ball with a stick or push around a bunch of people on a football field, he isn't worth your time?

Write a blog and hate on people and an entire city, that's fine. But do it intelligently; don't just go around calling people anti-American and communist because you feel like you can.

PK said...

In case you haven't realized, the tone of this entire blog is tongue-in-cheek. Do you honestly think I think Michael Phelps is a communist? The guy is absolutely incredible, clearly.

Also, you insult my intelligence, yet, apparently, you haven't actually read any of our posts thoroughly enough to realize that the stuff we "hate" is actually stuff we enjoy. It's called sarcasm/wit/humor. Heard of it?

Anonymous said...

How is it "witty" to say say he's a communist because he went to Michigan? Just saying something so ridiculous makes it witty/sarcastic/intelligent?

PK said...

Look, if you're really that offended by my obviously tongue-in-cheek comments, I have two suggestions: One, stop reading anything on the internet ever, because you're cleary easily offended. Alternatively, why don't you stop hiding behind your "anonymous" internet visage and send me an e-mail so we can politely and privately hash this out. Seriously. PKehres@gmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

Letters from Zagreb said...

I like Mike.
And tongue-in-cheek humor.